12th International Scientific Conference
Management of Technology Step to Sustainable Production
September 8-10, 2021, Porec/Parenzo, Istria, Croatia
Augmented Reality in an Atmosphere of COVID 19 Crisis
Dear future participants, dear participants of previous MOTSP (2009-2020), dear friends,
The crisis caused by the pandemic of COVID19 has significantly affected the challenges of MOTSP2020 organisation, as well as our risk assessments when organising a future MOTSP 2021 conference. Of course, we are monitoring all kinds of media, social networks, especially the Robert Koch Institute reports, ECDC (European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control) opinions and assessments of influential Croatian scientists: Prof. Ivan Đikić – Faculty of Medicine, University Goethe, Frankfurt, regular member of Deutsche Akademie der Naturforscher Leopoldina, member of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, Prof. Nenad Ban, ETH, Switzerland, former nominee for the Nobel Prize, Prof. Igor Stagljar, Stagljar Lab, Donnelly Centre, and Prof. Igor Rudan, FRSE – The Royal Society of Edinburgh. We are cautious optimists and hope that the stricter measures of the COVID19 Crisis Headquarters of the Government of the Republic of Croatia will soon significantly improve the epidemiological situation in Croatia.
Since the entire time of the pandemic the Region of Istria has the best epidemiological situation, we have decided that the location MOTSP2021 will be in Porec, in the early autumn – September 07-10th 2021.
- The most important criterion was the best epidemiological situation in Istria, with higher organisation costs, but the maintaining of the conference fee – 460 EUR.
- The Crisis Headquarters against the COVID 19 pandemic in Istria has always had the most rigorous measures in Croatia.
- Additional criterium is the commitment of hotel company Valamar, which is dedicated to the implementation of anti-epidemic measures, and now has a couple of hundred foreign tourists in Istria in camps open all year round.
- Istria is a traditional car destination for tourists and our participants from Italy, Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Poland.
- Of course, flight connections via Pula airport and Rijeka are also possible.
- Istria has, a wide and diverse year-round offer of tourist facilities for our participants during the excursion on September 9th, 2021. For example, NP Brijuni, Mummy in Vodnjan, typical picturesque Istrian towns Rovinj, Motovun, Groznjan, Oprtalj, Arena in Pula, Lim Channel (shellfish farm) and interesting destinations of Poreč. The economy of Istria is dominated today by tourism, olive growing tradition, vines and winemaking. Also, there is a long tradition of shipbuilding, from the Austro-Hungarian Empire: shipyard in Rijeka and the Uljanik – shipyard in Pula. In the Uljanik, shipyard in Pula, during the period of Suez Canal closure, from 1967. (due to the Arab-Israeli war), the largest tankers were built – BRT approx. 500 000 (Berge Istra, Berge Brioni) with a special innovation of underwater sea welding of two parts of the ship because the slipways were too short. It was an innovation of the Prof. dr. sc. Želimir Sladoljev – FMENA Zagreb. In Rijeka, the Torpedo factory also produced the first torpedoes for the Austro-Hungarian Navy.
The papers for MOTSP2021 will be published in the Technical Journal 2021 – 2nd (June 2021), 3rd (September 2021) and 4th issue (December 2021).
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, we will also introduce a new topic for the authors on MOTSP2021: “The corona pandemic as a scientific challenge for the areas of logistics, decision systems, production, prediction of pandemic management measures, etc”.
We announce the invitation lecture for MOTSP2021: Assistant Professor Tomislav Stipancic, PhD., Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Naval Architecture, University of Zagreb, with the topic in cognitive robotics ”Computational approach to realising affective robots”.
Best regards, Prof. Predrag Ćosić, Chairman of MOTSP2021
The Main Topics
Management of Technology
Production, Operation Management
Strategic, Engineering Management
– Operational Research
– Production Economics
– Decision and Risk Analysis
– Manufacturing Costs
– Supply Chain Management
– Total Quality Management
– Forecasting, Technology Foresight
– Business Intelligence
– Maintenance, etc.
Rapid Prototyping and Manufacturing
Computer Integrated Manufacturing CAD, CAM, CAPP, CAQ
Product Lifecycle Management (PLM)
Total Cost Assessment
– Green Production (BAT)
– Clean Production
– Eco Design
– LCM (Life Cycle Management) & Decision Supports
– LCA (Life Cycle Assessment)
– LCI (Life Cycle Inventory)
– LCIA (Life Cycle Impact Assessment)
– Extended Products
– SLCA (Social Life Cycle Assessment)
– Renewable Sources of Energy Efficiency and Audit
– Eco Labeling
– Reverse Logistics, etc
Sustainable Transport Management
Transport Technology and Organization
Corona pandemic as a scientific challenge for:
– Areas of logistics
– Decision systems
– Prediction of pandemic management measures, etc.
Croatian Association for PLM